Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Mid-Day Disco Dance Party, Round VI

Confession: Every week I do a Mid-Day Disco Dance Party post for DPC, I wonder why I chose Roman Numerals instead of regular numbers. Because every time I post a Mid-Day DDP I end up having to Google "Roman Numerals" - Yes, my name is Becca and Roman Numerals confuse me.

Confession: Maybe I shouldn't have drank whiskey gingers and jager bombs on Sunday night. Because maybe someone (read: me) ended up on a mechanical bull that same exact night. Oh dear God, I wish I was joking.

Confession: I haven't listened to music or had a serious dance party in almost an entire week. Don't give me that look. Please.

Confession: Normalcy has *almost* returned. Let's celebrate by listening to a mix by Gigamesh. I love his song, "When You're Dancing". Pretty sure I have found my new happy song that will take me to a land where I can bathe in these and disco dance my little heart out.


Confession: I don't really remember the first time I saw Eli Escobar (LOVE the remix that drops in Gigamesh's mix around 7:30) at U Street Music Hall. So I really can't wait to catch him at the 9:30 Club with Holy Ghost! Or maybe I just can't wait to have a rant about hipsters all over again. You decide.

Confession: The transition from Eli Escobar's remix into Plastic Plates' remix of The Magician's song, "I Don't Know What to do" at 12:46 is genius. And Gigamesh's remix of "No Beef" actually makes Steve Aoki tolerable for me. Can you tell I'm still bitter about Identity Festival? Sorry I'm not sorry.

Confession: You have no idea how freaking happy I am that September is almost over and normalcy has almost been restored. My boring (social) life isn't the same without music and dance parties, so thanks for the silver lining. Seriously.

GIGAMESH - Check Yo PonyTail Mixtape by Check Yo Ponytail

Tracklisting:
Slice & Soda – Dead of Winter
Gigamesh – When You’re Dancing (ft. Induce)
Bag Raiders – Not Over (Eli Escobar Remix)
The Magician – I Don’t Know What To Do (Plastic Plates Remix)
Mustang – Shooting Love (Fat Club Mix)
Jupiter vs. Kassav – Kass Limon
Melee – Spaced Out
Midnight Savari – xxxx
Professor Funk & the House Brothers – Work Your Body Rap
Steve Silk Smooth – Jack Your Body (Gigamesh Edit)
Database – VICE II
xxx – xxx
Afrojack & Steve Aoki – No Beef (Gigamesh Remix)
Katy B – Lights On (Gigamesh Remix)
Justin Martin & Ardalan – LEZGO
Theophilus London – I Stand Alone (Gigamesh Moonlight Remix)

Other installments of Mid-Day DDPs:
Round I (U-Tern Mid Week Mix on Modular People)
Round II (Slow Hands - Diesel Japan Mix Aug 2011)
Round III (Kiwi - Summer Mix)
Round IV (Cooper Saver - Exclusive Mix for Pollo Erotico)
Round V (Social Disco Club - Disco Deviance Pulse Radio Show)

No comments:

Post a Comment