Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Mid-Day Disco Dance Party, Round IV

I know I'm a little late to the party, but I hope you guys got a chance to check out DPC's first guest mix. I've been obsessed with it this week, and Rashad and I can't express our appreciation enough to Matt - our RLF (real life friend!) - for taking the time to make such a dark, spacey, DPC approved mix.

Actually we can show our appreciation - because the next time we see him at U Street Music Hall we'll be forcing Natty Boh's and whiskey's on him. Which coincidentally enough is this Saturday. Sorry we're not sorry, Matt, you've been warned.

But enough talk about Saturday because even the slightest mention or thoughts about Saturday make me think about Jager. Like even now...and it's not even noon. Don't judge me - okay, judge me a little - but you should only be allowed to do that when you see me taking six of those babies before 11am on a Saturday morning in March. But that's neither here nor there is it?

Because today is Wednesday, and I would cordially like to tell Wednesday to kick rocks.


But let's not take out our frustrations on Wednesday because Wednesday never did anything to us, right? Let's try and focus on the important things here:

Mid-Day Disco Dance Party, Round IV!

Reading that made me feel a whole lot better and I hope that this dance party does the same for you :D

The artist behind this week's Mid-Day DDP goes by the name of Cooper Saver and was born and raised in Los Angeles, California, and moved to Vancouver with his family as a teenager. He's quite the triple threat; sharing passions in design, music, and writing. Hm, he sounds pretty dreamy to me.

Cooper has also interviewed tons of favorites of DPC such as: Flight Facilities, The Twelves, and The Magician. You should check out his website for the interviews, some downloads, and to learn more about him - because a girl can only do so much stalking.

And though the title gets credit for getting me to the mix, "Pollo Erotico", I took one look at the track list and knew I'd be in love with it.

I've said it once, and I'll say it til I hate cupcakes (which will be never), but I'm obsessed with Jeremy Glenn's, "New Life" (Perseus 'Summer of 83' Remix). And the Gigamesh Rework of "Party Over Here" makes me want to break out into a freaking dance party, fist pumping like Pauly D from the Jersey Shore (full disclosure: I haven't watched an entire of Jersey Shore. Ever.) And hello, Dimitri From Paris' Prince edit of "I Wanna Be Your Lover" shouldn't even need an introduction or explanation. It just rules.

To touch on one particular moment that I truly enjoyed in this mix would be difficult because it's continuously full of energy. If you don't believe me, take a listen for yourself. And don't get mad at me for looking like an idiot when you're fist pumping away at your desk at 11:30 am and your coworkers think you're crazy.

Exclusive Mix for Pollo Erotico by coopersaver
Backseat (Duff Disco remix) - Duffstep
Social Studies (Plastic Plates remix) - Body Language
Just An Illusion (Satin Jackets rework) - Imagination
Gin Nation - Tiger & Woods
Stop Holding Back - Tornado Wallace
New Life (Perseus 'Summer of 83' Remix) - Jeremy Glenn
Baby Come Home (Rocco Raimundo version) - Drop Out Orchestra
Baby You're Still The Same (Social Disco Club Sexual Flashback Mix feat. Lucy Walker) - Trujillo
Hold Tight (Late Nite Tuff Guy edit) - Change
Love Light - Soulclap
New York Dolls Phreek Plus One
What I Like - Anthony and the Camp
Superflight (Maurice Fulton remix) - Chateau Flight ft. Marie Daulne
Party Over Here (Gigamesh rework) - Popular People's Front
Well Heeled - Reverso 68
I Wanna Be Your Lover (Dimitri From Paris edit) - Prince

**If you've missed previous Mid-Day DDPs, check them out here**

Round I (U-Tern Mid Week Mix on Modular People)
Round II (Slow Hands - Diesel Japan Mix Aug 2011)
Round III (Kiwi - Summer Mix)

No comments:

Post a Comment