Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Mid-Day Disco Dance Party, Round VII

Today is Wednesday. Wednesday means it's kind of the weekend.

The weekend means whiskey. Whiskey means fun.

Fun means dance parties. Dance parties mean music and more whiskey.

Music and more whiskey accompanied by friends means a happy Becca (!!!!). A happy Becca means I'm done traveling for work.

Done traveling for work means being in my cubicle. Being in my cubicle means a Mid-Day DDP by aRod (Gotta Dance Dirty) for my Invisible Internet Friends.

E N J O Y!

And because what I'm about to say won't be witty for the above post, here's some highlights for me. Excuse the word vomit, they're just my thoughts.

Holy 12 minutes in. I am officially obsessed with "Off my Mind" by Moon Boots (speaking of, I'd like some moon boots). Also, the segue from "Sway" into Fabian's remix of The Magician's "I Don't Know What to Do" (at the 20:30'ish minute mark) is heavy-hitting - in a very good way. The 47:30 minute mark (give or take) makes me very excited for the Fred Falke and Lifelike show at U Street Music Hall on October 14th. Aaaannd I'm pretty much in love with the Will Saul and Tam Cooper remix of "Foreign Language" that drops around the 50:50 minute mark.


And you may be wondering why I didn't include the nice back-end shot of the two ladies featured on aRod's mix. Well, the artwork made me feel slightly uncomfortable so you got a picture of where I single-handedly ate 3 deep-fried delicious treats at Cafe Du Monde in New Orleans. You're welcome.

Okay. Now seriously, ENJOY.

:: aRod FallGaze 2011 :: by aRod | GottaDanceDirty™

001 M83 - Midnight City (Christian Strobe Remix)
002 Gigamesh feat. Nicole Godiva - People
003 Beni feat. Mattie Safer - Someone Just Like You (VillA Remix)
004 Body Language - Falling Out (Tiger & Woods Remix)
005 Moon Boots - Off My Mind
006 Viceroy - Unwind
007 Beni feat. Nomi Ruiz - Sway
008 The Magician - I Don't Know What to Do (Fabian Remix)
009 Sneaky Sound System - Big (Oliver Remix)
010 The Whip - Secret Weapon (Alex Metric Remix)
011 Katy B - Lights On (Gigamesh Remix)
012 Fabian - This Night
013 All The Lights - Chasing Colours (Plastic Plates Remix)
014 Novika - Miss Mood (Hot Toddy Remix)
015 Darren Hayes - Talk Talk Talk (Fred Falke Remix)
016 Flight Facilities - Foreign Language (Will Saul & Tam Cooper Remix)
017 Gotye feat. Kimbra - Somebody That I Used to Know (Compuphonic Remix)

Other installments of Mid-Day DDPs:

Round I (U-Tern Mid Week Mix on Modular People)
Round II (Slow Hands - Diesel Japan Mix Aug 2011)
Round III (Kiwi - Summer Mix)
Round IV (Cooper Saver - Exclusive Mix for Pollo Erotico)
Round V (Social Disco Club - Disco Deviance Pulse Radio Show)
Round VI (Gigamesh - Check Yo PonyTail Mixtape)

1 comment:

  1. I was SO very tempted to edit this post and add the album art. I restrained. But shame on you Becca!

    ReplyDelete