Monday, February 6, 2012

DPC Guest Mix Series 09: Sneakers in the Dryer

Variety is most definitely the spice of life, ya dig? And by that I mean you should change it up. Don't get bored. If there's one thing I hate: it's being bored.

Go on adventures. Meet new friends. Start a blog (but not one about dance parties - that's our job?). Get new hobbies. Wander.

You see, when I go to shows/dance parties/whatever, it's just a known fact that I won't stay put. It's like an unwritten rule or something. I have a gift, and sometimes my friends really hate me for it. Especially if I meet weirdos (full disclosure: I believe this has only happened once. Sorry I almost had you drive home some rando friend, Rashad).

Meeting new people is fun. Meeting new people who love music like you is fun. And when you meet someone who spins music that you love it's obviously awesome/fate. Duh.

For our 9th (holy crap) installment of our Guest mix series, we have Sneakers in the Dryer (Eric Henderson), a Virginia Tech alum (!!!).

Hailing from Baltimore, Maryland, Sneakers in the Dryer has been keeping dance parties real; playing at venues and festivals throughout Maryland and Virgina. In fact, his DC debut is this Friday, February 10th when he hits the decks with Mr. Bonkerz' at Shenaniganz. If you're in the DC area, I highly recommend this party.

I've said this before, but I love our guest mix series. It's hands down my favorite aspect of le blog - we haven't had a mix that's disappointed, and all of them showcase DJs/Producers that we love and fully give the "DPC Stamp of Approval". It's our-so-called spice of life, and we are extremely excited to share this mix with you today.

One look at the track list and you would be crazy not to listen. You shouldn't judge a mix by its track list (or should you?), but I was pleased to see tons of DFA as well as house tracks sprinkled throughout the 70 minute dance party. At the 13 minute mark, Metro Area's "Dance Reaction" drops, and you can't help but start nodding your head. More notable tracks include "Your Everything" by Danny Daze and Julio Bashmore's "Battle for Middle You". And yes, I will get down, thank you very much. I love Cosmic Kids' remixes, and love that SITD included "Reginald's Groove" (YES!!!!!!!). The mix rounds out with a Greg Wilson (swoon) edit of "Full Tilt Boogie" and I was actually left wanting more funky dance parties. The best and WORST kind of feeling ever.

Like what you hear? Stalk check out Sneakers in the Dryer on Facebook. Follow him on SoundCloud. And don't forget to check out his DC Debut at Shenaniganz this Friday, February 10th.

Guest Mix Series 09: Sneakers in the Dryer by DancePartyChronicles

The Juan Maclean - Give Me Every Little Thing
Juan Soto - Dance and Claps
Justice - D.A.N.C.E. (Diplo and Eli Remix)
Metro Area - Dance Reaction
Jacques Renault - Marilyn's Gold
LCD Soundsystem - Drunk Girls (Holy Ghost! Adult Swim Remix)
Metro Area - Orange Alert (DFA Remix)
Danny Daze - Your Everything
Donoldo - Dragon (Shit Robot Remix)
Julio Bashmore - Battle for Middle You
Cosmic Kids - Reginald's Groove (Classixx Remix)
Poolside - Do You Believe (Cosmic Kids Remix)
Yacht - Psychic City (Classixx Remix)
Uncle Louie - Full Tilt Boogie (Greg Wilson Edit)

And in case you missed our other guest mix installments:

Guestmix 01: Mr. Bonkerz
Guestmix 02: Speakerbot
Guestmix 03: Ichisan
Guestmix 04: Coltrane
Guestmix 05: Drop Out Orchestra
Guestmix 06: Sir Charles

Guestmix 07: Cooper Saver
Guestmix 08: Trev-Ski

No comments:

Post a Comment