Added a new member.
- Full disclosure: We bonded over jam bands and a love for whiskey, saw Sam's writing and demanded he join.
Celebrated our one-year anniversary.
- Full disclosure: This endeavor snowballed into something we didn't expect - uh hello, I don't think we know like 95% of our readers. This makes me feel like I have a lot more friends. More friends means I feel better about myself.
Buckled down and finally had a meeting with all six of us in attendance.
- Full disclosure: We went to a restaurant that had a "crazy happy hour." We accomplished quite a bit, threw ideas around and have some exciting news for you guys on the horizon! Everyone should totally be excited. Really.
Hosted our third installment of Disco in the Dark this past weekend in the back room of The Black Cat.
- Full disclosure: I wasn't there but heard it was a blast. You should probably attend our next one on Saturday, September 8. Especially if you want to see the disco ball Tyler purchased in all its 20-inches of glory. Not going to be in DC...ever? We'll forgive you.. but please see picture below to get the full-effect ;)
- Full disclosure: I'm jet-lagged, tired, and kind of want to crawl under my desk so I'm shoving this dance party in your face. This mix pairs well with a Venti Iced Americano from Starbucks as you sit and long for an afternoon pick-me-up. This means, naturally, I'm bringing back the Mid-Day Disco Dance Parties.
After the jump...
Today's installment comes from PBR Streetgang, the DJ/Producer duo Bonar Bradberry and Tom Thorpe who are no strangers to the nightlife clubbing and festival scene in Europe. They've gotten the nod of approval from DPC faves such as Crazy P and Greg Wilson and currently have a residency at We Love.. At Space, in Ibiza. (source)
To say that they are a force to be reckoned with, and can easily captivate any type of audience, is a gross understatement.
Thorpe and Bradberry have been on my radar for quite some time, especially after their remix of "Beatbox" from Crazy P's album, When We On.
Another favorite track, "Downstroke" was released by Hot Creations in the beginning of January and shows their housier side
Their most recent mix, courtesy of Fabric London, was released last week and hits on multiple genres within the dance party spectrum. It sure doesn’t disappoint. The mix begins with PBR's own remix of "Triscuits" by Monitor 66. This track doesn't stray too far from Monitor 66's OG version, but utilizes the samples perfectly while picking up the pace and adding a touch of house flavor to the blissco track.
At 9:40, Solomun's most recent single, "Kackvogel" segues nicely into the mix. Diynamic label founder Solomun mixes deep house basslines with soulful beats, infusing a funky vibe, making it the perfect track for me to be obsessed with. It has just enough "bounce" in it to really catch your attention.
The mix picks up as Maxxi Soundsystem's "I Call This Home" remix drops at 33 minutes and this is probably where I started to literally lose my shit. 39 minutes in, people. Ben freaking Pearce. This artist from the UK has released tracks via Under the Shade and his own Purp & Soul label. Basically, he is a boss. Sampling from Anthony Hamilton's track, "Cornbread, Fish & Collard Greens", Pearce adds a killer bassline that will stay stuck in your head for days and has me smitten.
I could go on and on about the mix in its entirety, but that would leave out the element of surprise, so grab headphones and join me in today's Mid-Day DDP!