Friday, February 24, 2012

DJ Marmon - Denaturation

Last Friday I had the best intentions of "taking it easy". I'm not sure what your definition of "taking it easy" is, but clearly I don't know the definition because this is just a small snapshot of the debauchery that ensued.

I think I heard the phrase, "$3.00 Natty Boh's", got really excited. I ended up waking up on Saturday morning with a (moderately) terrible hangover.

If you're wondering if you can "run" a hangover off, you can't - because about 2 miles in I was almost positive I was about to toss my cookies (errr, lazy girl quesadilla cause that's what I made when I got home at 2:30 the night before...what?) all over Connecticut Avenue. Which should really make you want to be my friend now if I hadn't convinced you otherwise yet.

So, I did what any normal person would do. Went home, laid in bed, and dreamt about a salted pretzel crusted peanut butter cheesecake with Nutella drizzle. Once I decided that making said cheesecake was completely out the window, I settled for some fluffy peanut butter chocolate chip cookies and crushed some pretzels to throw in the mix too.

There's something so relaxing and satisfying with baking some delicious, fluffy cookies while listening to some tunes. I know I am typically all about the disco dance parties, but sometimes you just need some deep house to bake to - it just makes sense. So, I threw on DJ Marmon's latest deep house mix, "Denaturation" and it was love at first play.

This is one of those times where I can brag because I'm friends with him through mutual friends and can say he is awesome and lots of fun to party with. Think: tequila shots and dance parties at like 4am in my living room. He's also got skills when it comes to DJing and I'm waiting for him to come back to DC because I'm dying for him to drop Poolside's "Do you Believe" track and transform it into a slow-mo, sexy dance party (hint hint).

At the 17:20 mark, Cajmere & Russoul's track, "Let's Dance" came on and I started getting really into my cookies. I'm not sure if you could imagine, but at this point I was definitely dancing around my kitchen and it was awesome. And then........ at the 30 minute mark I just about lost it because a remix of "Drop me a Line" came on, and it took me back to November when I was completely blown away by their live disco set at the 9:30 Club. I also had no idea there was a deep house remix (Mano Le Tough) of the track. #winning

I also loved the ambient vibe that the mix ended with which happened to be through Donkey Kong Country 2 (!!!) and composed by Dave Wise. Super melodic and a very fitting ending to a great mix.

Also. Since it's Friday, if you're looking for something to do in the DC'ish area, check out our event page where we have listed dance parties going on around our nation's capitol. If you wanna contribute or get in on this gravy train, shout us a holler at dpchronicles@gmail.com.

DJ Marmon - Denaturation by djmarmon
Tracklist:
Ben Westbeech - Stronger
Jay Tripwire - The Sixteenth Floor (Jef K & Alex Murak Remix)
Robag Wruhme - Donnerkuppel
Cajmere & Russoul - Let's Dance
No Regular Play - Lookin' (Life and Death Remix)
Midnight Magic - Drop Me A Line (Mano Le Tough Remix)
9West - In Love
Ron Deacon feat. The Kat - Secret Garden
Terry Grant & Matthew Pusti - My Gun, The Sun (Deep Edit)
Donkey Kong Country 2 - Stickerbrush Symphony

No comments:

Post a Comment