Thursday, February 23, 2012

Birthday DP and Moises Mestas- February 2012 Mixtape:

Aeroplane. Photo courtosey of Liz O'Leary
Well I am sitting here in the Dulles Airport waiting to catch a plane to Vermont to visit some good friends, go skiing, and drink whiskey in the mountains. I was just reflecting on this past weekend and one of the most epic dance parties in recent memory. Last Thursday was my 25th Birthday, but the celebration went down on Saturday night. Friends new and old, from near and far, assembled for what would turn out to be a night to remember (or possibly not remember). After some whiskey, cookies, and brief pre-dance party stretching (really), we headed over to U Street Music Hall for DJ Provoke, Cassian, and Aeroplane. For the next 5 hours, we danced, drank, and partied our way into the early morning hours. DJ Provoke held it down to start off the night. Cassian's set was absolutely incredible. Afterwards he came down onto the dance floor to get down to Aeroplane with us. Aeroplane's set was an energy filled, stellar performance that featured some of my favorite tracks. I've seen Aeroplane 4 or 5 times now and I would have to say this was the best set I've seen yet. After it was all said and done, my body was aching but I couldn't stop smiling.


Anyway, the mix that I've been listening to as I wait for my flight has made it impossible to sit still. I've gotten more than a few weird looks now. The mix is the February 2012 Mixtape from Moises Mestas. Moises Mestas came onto my radar a couple of months ago when I heard his December Mixtape. He pretty much takes all of the HUGE tracks that have recently been released and packs them into mixtapes that would start dance parties in 3rd world countries. I'm not kidding. The mix starts out with one of my favorite tracks and my favorite remix of said track, Goldroom's remix of Lancelot's "We Can Dance." Lancelot is a young up and coming DJ from Australia who I expect to see some pretty big things from this year. And Goldroom is... well its Goldroom. He can do no wrong in my eyes (well ears actually) right now. Instead of spoiling the rest of the mix, I will let you enjoy it and be surprised. Also, check out some of Moises Mestas older mixes. I think you will be pleasantly surprised.

Also, I wanted to mention the updated DPC Events Page. You can find it here. Use it to keep up to date with all of the upcoming dance parties in the Washington DC Area. Shoot us an e-mail if you would like us to add an event: DPChronicles@gmail.com.

Moises Mestas - February 2012 Mixtape by moises mestas

No comments:

Post a Comment