Friday, October 14, 2011

A Preview of the Weekend

This is exciting stuff, people!!!!! So exciting in fact that the weekend preview will get broken down into two different posts; one for tonight and one for tomorrow.

See? We all win. But in reality, mostly me. And I guess whoever else ends up at U Street Music Hall because we will be dance partying it up with Fred Falke, Lifelike, and Micah Vellian tonight. Sorry I'm not sorry but it's been over a month since some people have had dance parties (some people = me) and I'm ready to dance it out.


The night gets started at 10pm with Micah Vellian (1/3 of Volta Bureau) getting the dance floor going. Rashad has mentioned Vellian before here. A personal favorite of mine is his and Eastman's disco house track, "No Sleep".

Will Eastman & Micah Vellian (feat. Tt The Artist) - No Sleep (Original) by Micah Vellian

Normally I enjoy staying at my house until midnight so I can allow for adequate drinking time, butttt I'm going to push for an early arrival to U Hall tomorrow. I'm curious to see what Vellian will drop, and I'm hoping he drops some deep house to start out the night. I only say that because I really enjoyed his "Green Mix" he just dropped on Soundcloud this past week - featuring deep house.

Micah Vellian - Green Mix by Micah Vellian

Matin - Turning
Wiretappeur - Furry Walls
Gwen Maze, Jef K - Boy Meets Girl
Marius - Love Gun (6th Borough Project Version)
Chmara Winter - Powidlo
Jin Choi - Half Baked (Maceo Plex Deep Remix)
Alain Ho - Into A Deep (Hot Toddy Remix)
DJ Roland Clark pres. Urban Soul - What Do I Gotta Do (Silver City Space Mix)
Art Of Tones - Dolces
Cram - A Good Night (Purple Disco Machine Remix)
Micah Vellian - Pink Baby Pig
Body Language - Falling Out (Tiger & Woods Remix)

As the night continues and I get more drunk, Lifelike and Fred Falke will hit the DJ Booths at U Hall. To be completely honest, I wasn't sold to go out on a Friday night. You know cause I have things to do like organize my closet or wash my hair... but after giving a few listens to some mixes - I am beyond excited for what's to come.

When Lifelike (Laurent Ash) hits the stage, I am hoping to hear some underground French House music. Basically one straight up dance party that never ends. Lifelike is a world-famous producer from France who has been asked to remix songs from such artists such as La Roux, Chromeo, and Moby. "Discopolis", Lifelike's most notable track (with Kris Menace) is a dance. freaking. party. Great build up. Great beat. Great all around track.



And if you want more dance parties or to hear more recent tracks from Lifelike, head over to his Soundcloud page here. (sidenote: anyone else recognize this from an OL mix - specifically their Miami afterparty?!)

And last, but certainly not least - Fred Falke. Falke is a musician (bassist) as well as a producer. He has worked closely with Kris Menace (like Lifelike) and also remixed songs for Metronomy, Robyn, and The Whitest Boy Alive. Our friend, Mr. Bonkerz, put together a Falke mix, featuring all remixes by Falke. It's awesome.

The Falke Mix by Mr. Bonkerz

Alesha Dixon - The Boy Does Nothing (Fred Falke Remix)
Annie - Anthonio (Fred Falke Remix)
Miami Horror - Make You Mine (Fred Falke Remix)
Sneaky Sound System - I Love It (Fred Falke Remix)
The Whitest Boy Alive - Golden Cage (Fred Falke Remix)
Burns - First Move (Fred Falke Remix)
Zero 7 - Destiny (Fred Falke Remix)
Keith - Mona Lisa's Son (Alan Braxe & Fred Falke Remix)

Soooooooo basically after all of those words and music, if you live in the Metropolitan area and aren't convinced to come out tonight - you're craaazy. Or I'm just really bad at the art of persuasion. Come say "hi" if you head out tonight. Unless you're creepy cause then I'll probably run away ;)

Tell me - what are YOU doing tonight?!

2 comments:

  1. Dudes. See you on the dance floor. That Golden Cage remix has to be one of my favorite improvements on a boring song EVER. So down for this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is exciting! See you there - Natty Boh time & Whiskey for everyone!

    ReplyDelete