Friday, September 9, 2011

An Interview with Tim Sweeney

I thought that today would be a good time to share with you an article I wrote for my friends' music blog in November of last year. And by "a good time to share" I mean that I am waaaaayyyy too busy doing things like scouring stores for cans of pumpkin puree and not realizing the warm setting on a crock pot does not equate to actually cooking something. Don't believe me? You probably should - given my history of fails. But here's a text conversation between one of my roommates and myself:

Text from Roommate: Did you mean for your soup to be on warm all day?

Me
: Yea! I'm going turn it on low or high when I get back because the directions said low for 4 hours and I didn't know how long I'd be at work but I wasn't going to eat til later so I was going to adjust accordingly when I got home.

Text from Roommate: But do you think you needed to leave it on warm all day?

Me: I figured warm all day instead of low for 4 hours cause you usually cut the time in half of the highest setting and I figured I'd be gone all day so it would work since I do low for meats anyway. So in my head it made sense to me.

1. That makes no sense at all.
2. I'm pretty sure I made up that fact about cutting the time in half on a higher setting? Possibly. Maybe. Yes.
3. I'm an idiot.

Because I ate dinner at 10:30pm at night, all you get is a re-directed post to another website with my interview. And a mix from Tim Sweeney himself on his Beats in Space show! Giddy up.

This time I'm sorry (and I really am sorry, woof) that I don't know how to use a crock pot. Mainly because the crock pot is like the easiest kitchen appliance to use. Ever. Moral of the story? You should always know the warm setting on a crock pot doesn't actually cook anything - it merely keeps ALREADY cooked items warm. Wow. You learn something new every day! You're welcome.

Or maybe you knew that already. FML.

Link to article with interview with Tim Sweeney.

Radio Campus présente : Beats In Space #554 | Best of 2010 show by Radio Campus France

Tracklisting:
1. The Laughing Light Of Plenty - The Pulse - Whatever We Want
2. KZA - Le Troublant Acid - Endless Flight
3. DJ Nature - Destiny Reprise - Golf Channel
4. Arthur Russell - How We Walk On The Moon (Youth Rerub) - Foot + Mouth
5. Mim Suleiman - Nyuli - Running Back
6. Aloe Blacc - I Need A Dollar (Tensnake RMX) - Stones Throw
7. Soul Clap - Extravaganza - Wolf + Lamb
8. Maxxi Soundsystem - Criticize - Kojak Giant Sounds
9. Shit Robot - I Got A Feeling - DFA
10. Jayson Brothers - The Game - Drum Poet Community
11. OOFT! - Ride In To The Red Zone - Foto
12. Lauer - H.R. Boss - Live At Robert Johnson
13. NDF - Since We Last Met - DFA
14. Nicolas Jaar - Mi Mujer - Wolf + Lamb
15. Benoit & Sergio - Midnight People - Spectral Sounds

No comments:

Post a Comment