Friday, November 4, 2011

Dance Party Recap and Tronik Youth's November Mix

Hey Folks

Sorry to leave you all hanging yesterday. I think DPC gang has finally recovered (with minimal regrets) from the shenanigans that ensued the past Wednesday. It was a rowdy dance filled night to say the least. We got down and dirty with friends old and new (Shoutout Matt L!...I know I promised a post for yesterday, and failed to deliver..My bad). Our good buddy Mr. Bonkerz warmed things up (<--Understatement Alert) to start the night off proper. Plastic Plates kicked things up a notch with some rowdy Disco/House, and finally the man, the myth, the legend: "El Magico" (as we like to call him), The Magician did his damn thing and did it well. He's got a new tuxedo for this tour, classic black with white trim and of course a matching magic wand. I was partial to the white on white with black trim, but Stephen was looking sharp nonetheless. Alright, enough of the blabbery let's get into some music.

Well hello there November. I love this month, good things always happen for me, plus it's my birthday month! Just a few days in and there's already some really good mixes. I've noticed a lot of them are diving into Slo-mo, Beatdown, and the Deeper side Disco and House. No complaints, I love it. But it's Friday, I've got a bit of energy, and wanted to share something lively. Tronik Youth cometh...

Here's a treat of a mix for your Friday Dance Party pleasure. An hour and a half of straight NuDisco jammers. TY starts things off smooth and sexy with a Casual Enounters touch up of the aptly named "So Good, So Right", by Imagination. I could go through and list the hot tracks in this mix, but there's just so many. So I won't spoil the fun for you all. Though, I must say, keep your ears tuned in for Tronik's Youth's remix of C'est Bon, by the Supermen Lovers. Oh, and KDMS' "Tonight" (with Morgan Geist) gave me chills (the good kind!). The funky guitar riff, seductive vocals, catchy synth melody, and the fantastic hi hats are the hotness (this one is "On repeat" status!).

Before you have at it, I wanted remind (if you live in the DC area) we're giving away tickets to Metro Area's show at U Street Music. Details here.

Lastly, we love music. So, send us yours.. I swear, we listen to everything that comes our way and post the stuff that makes us want to dance. So shoot us an email, hit us on Facebook, or use the Souncloud drop box. Sharing is caring, right?

Alright, here's the mix. Happy Friday dance partiers!


Tronik Youth - NOV MIX 2011 by tronikyouth

Tracklist:
1Imagination - So Good, So Right (Casual Encounters Dub Edit)
2Kastil - Back To Philadelphia
3Moon Boots - Off My Mind
4Waifs & Strays - Faith (Remix)
5Late Nite Tuff Guy - I Don't Like Acid
6The Juan Maclean - Human Disaster (Holmes Price Version)
7Mirror People - Feel The Need (Moullinex Mix)
8Lana Del Ray - Blue Jeans (Penguin Prison Mix)
9David Lyre - Hearbeat (2 Bears Mix)
10Mickey Moonlight - Close To Everything
11Superman Lovers - C'est Bon (Tronik Youth Edit)
12Tyson - After You've Gone (Dimitri From Paris Mix)
13Midnight Magic - Drop Me A Line (Holy Ghost Mix)
14The KDMS - Tonight (Morgan Geist Mix)
15Kraak & Smaak feat. Romanthony - Let's Go Back (Solomun Mix)
16WildKats & Russ Yallop - System Crank
17Eli Escobar - Desire Feat. Nomi Ruiz (Cosmic Kids Mix)

1 comment:

  1. Haha no worries...I seriously was strugs at work yesterday. Such a solid evening though. For all your efforts, here's a money mix from Phonat that dropped yesterday:

    http://soundcloud.com/mofohifi/phonat-mix-fall-2011

    -Matt

    ReplyDelete