Tuesday, October 11, 2011

U-Tern - One Day Later Mix - Drive

The other day I went to Trader Joe's to pick up a few things. A few things turned into an entire bag of groceries. And the 10 minute trip ended up being over 30 minutes long because I am indecisive. Trust me; you do not want to go to the store with me. Ever. Unless you'd like to be slowly tortured while I stand there in the aisle trying to figure things out like... Do I want diced tomatoes with chile in them, or without? Do I want whole wheat pastry flour or all purpose flour? Do I want semi-sweet chocolate or dark chocolate? Do I want arugula or spinach? These are all important things, people.

Much like my grocery dilemma, I face the same dilemma with music. And I think you do, too! There's so many good mixes out there it's hard to choose, right?! I'll sit on Soundcloud and sift through mixes and try to figure out which ones should be shared, and what should be put aside for a rainy day. It's a tedious process, so last night I spent a good 30 minutes trying to figure out a scale system at the bottom of each post to gauge whether our readers (YOU!) enjoyed listening to. Some other minor changes were also made on the blog, including a bigger (therefore you MUST see it) sharing tool for Facebook, Twitter, etc - because sharing is caring, duh.

I think this will also assist in our "Mix of the Week" tab on our page, as we sent out a call on Facebook about a month ago and realized only two people answered the question. We either need something else to do on our Friday nights, more friends, more feedback on the website, OR all of the above. Probably all of the above - so really what I'm trying to say is please freaking use this tool.


One of our favorite artists to feature on the blog, U-Tern, released a mix yesterday via Soundcloud that he did for Brooklyn Radio as part of the "One Day Later" podcast he does. U-Tern features the latest remixes, dance tracks, and exclusives in these podcasts. Brooklyn Radio was launched in 2006 and showcases different genres of music from across the world. Every week, there is a one-hour stream that is influenced by the DJ's tastes and roots (source).

I had no idea that U-Tern had a podcast through Brooklyn Radio, and I will now be sure to keep up with it. In this "Drive" mix, U-Tern features tons of remixes and dance beats that will keep your head nodding and feet tapping. A straight up dance party with Julio Bashmore's remix of Von Stroke's
"California" around the 9'ish minute mark is one of my favorite parts of this mix, along with the segue into the remix of Cassius' "The Sound of Violence" by Franco Cinelli. Obsessed is the only way to put it. Some other highlights? Groove Armada's deep house track "The Pleasure Victim" that drops around the 29.40 mark, and the mix rounds out with some slower, soulful tracks.

U-Tern's One Day Later radio mix is not a disappointment, so I suggest you get some headphone on now. And remember to "rate" the mix after you listen - we need YOUR feedback!


One Day Later Radio - 76 (Oct0911) (Drive) by U-Tern

Gotye - Somebody I Used To Know (Beni's Re-Rub)
Sneaky Sound system - We Love (Pleasurekraft Remix)
Savage Skulls - Watching You
Claude Von Stroke - California (Julio Bashmore Remix)
Cassius - The Sound Of Violence Franco Cinelli Remix)
Tom Trago Feat. Romanthony - Steppin Out
Maceo Plex - Falling
Friendly Fires - Hurting (Benoit & Sergio Remix)
The Rapture - How Deep Is Your Love (Emperor Machine Remix Edit)
Groove Armada - The Pleasure Victim
Max Chapman - Don't Go
DJ T - City Life (Maceo Plex Remix)
Edwin Van Cleef - I Feel You
Edit Murphy - Morning Light
M83 - OK Pal
Javeon McCarthy - Love Without a Heart
I Break Horses - Winter Beats
Nero - Reaching Out

No comments:

Post a Comment