Sunday, October 2, 2011

Aeroplane September Mix

Sometimes I really dislike Sunday. It's the one day of the week where I inevitably know my fate before I've even woken up. My Sunday's are usually full of a whole lot of nothing because I'm hungover. And this morning was no different - especially because DPC was drinking our Virginia Tech loss away in the form of Natty Boh and whiskeys.*

But I was pleasantly surprised after coming home this morning and seeing that Aeroplane dropped his September mix. On October 1st. Uh, it makes me wonder if he realizes that yesterday wasn't September.

The mix starts with Toro Y Moi's slow mo track, "All Alone". I really like the song, but if you ever listen to the lyrics, it kind of sound borderline stalkerish. Definitely my kind of song. And around the 11:53 mark, Tensnake's (!!!!) remix of Runaway's "Chapter IV" drops and segues perfectly into Moon Boots "Off my Mind" at 17 minutes. I may or may not have listened to that part about 4 times already today.

The tempo really starts to pick up at Edwin Van Cleef's "Triton" (28 minutes in), and a personal highlight for me is towards the end around the 44'ish minute mark when Fifteenth's track drops. The subtle (not a huge DDP in your face) but amazing bass lines during that track made me forget how hungover I was, and Aeroplane's transitioning into Villa's remix of "Someone Like You" had me singing along like I was belting out a ballad - karaoke style.

So....What are you waiting for? Grab some Tylenol, a bloody mary, and some headphones before the Football games today because you have some dance parties to attend to.

What are you doing this Sunday afternoon?
Dance parties and baking. Duh.

Aeroplane September 2011 Mix by Aeroplane (Official)


*picture source

No comments:

Post a Comment