Friday, September 2, 2011

Will Eastman - Jack DJ Mix

Happy Friday DPer's!

Earlier this week I posted a mix from Volta Bureau's Micah Vellian. Today I have one from another third of the DJ troupe, Will Eastman. D.C.'s own has put together a mix consisting of "...re-imagining of some classic and newer jackin house and techno as deep and cosmic house in the disco bpm range" (Source). I couldn't have put it better. It's great blend of dark House and Techno tracks. The selection of House tracks are very good, but the hard untz of the Techno tracks got me moving. There's plenty of build up moments that will leave you with goosebumps when the tension is released. Eastman includes a number of Volta Bureaus productions as well. Their remix of Codebreaker's "Desire" definitely got my attention. Also, their unreleased track "Hot", which is just that, closes out the mix nicely.

Jack DJ Mix by Will Eastman

I mentioned it earlier this week, but the DPC crew will be getting our whiskey and dance on at U Street Music Hall this Saturday. Volta Bureau is throwing a shindig for the release of their debut single "Hope".

No comments:

Post a Comment