Tuesday, August 23, 2011

A Letter To Soundcloud:

Dear Soundcloud,

WTF.

Don't you know that some of us have jobs, and all we want to do when we're staring at TPS reports is have a freaking dance party?

You're right, when it rains it pours. It's cute that the little message says that because I see what you did there. That's clever. Please come back. I miss my dance parties, and so do all 10 of our readers.

But look, since you're down right now, I found a replacement. I was going to post this Jacques Renault mix in an artist spotlight, but I've decided we all need a little pick me up because you're not working. It really is you, and not me.

This mix that has replaced you was released in October 2010, and it makes me happy. Something you can't do right now. Renault is a native from Washington, D.C. and I've been lucky enough to catch him twice. Of the two times I saw him, it was an epic dance party. It also doesn't hurt he was really nice to look at.

I really like his remix, "Beam Me Up," by Midnight Magic and it's been featured in many DDPs. You probably recognize it from Magic Tape 1. It's on your website.



I'm also obsessed with his "Fantasy" remix by Breakbot.



Anyway, I'm glad that I could write out how I feel because I really was sad that it wasn't working out, but now readers can listen to this. It's the right mix of funky, soulful vibes that have filled the void that was left when you decided to leave me and my friends high and dry.

Love,

Becca

No comments:

Post a Comment