Monday, March 12, 2012

Shit Hot SoundSystem - Winter Mix (But it feels like Spring!)

It's Monday. You probably lost that crucial 1 hour of sleep due to Daylight Saving Time. So I imagine some of you are feeling somewhat lackluster after your whiskey fueled and dance party filled weekend; right Becca and Tyler?

Quick sidestory: I couldn't make it, but the other 2/3 of DPC crew took a trip to the mountains of West Virginia to celebrate a friend of our's birthday. At about 1:30 a.m., I received a text from Tyler asking me who the better dance is: him or Becca. I tried to avoid answering the question outright, by complimenting both their styles and techniques. But apparently there was an intense debate going on, and definitive answer was demanded from me. Well while Becca does have some very innovative signature moves (ask her about the "downward palm-arm twist while bouncing"), I've seen Tyler own a number of dance floors.

 Exhibit A:

TH in "Dance Fever" Mode
I didn't think that I should be the deciding voice in the matter, so I proposed a dance off to settle it once and for all. Word is, that it could actually be happening soon. I'll be sure to report back as the story develops.

Anyway, let's get to it...

I have got a little pick-me-up to get you up-and-at'em. From the decks of Shit Hot SoundSystem, we've got seven tracks with a run time of about 35 minutes. It's an espresso shot of a mix: Hot, quick, and uplifting. Don't be dissuaded by its a "Winter Mix" label, it's lively and effervescent like the Spring on horizon. Just peep the track list, I think it speaks for itself:

1. BICEP - LOVE COMEDOWN
2. TENSNAKE - NEED YOUR LOVING (TIGER & WOODS REMIX)
3. SHIT HOT SOUNDSYSTEM - I GOT LOVE
4. LARSE - LOVIN' U (DJ TAMTAM REMIX)
5. TIGER & WOODS - KISSMETELLME
6. SHIT HOT SOUNDSYSTEM - GIMP DISCO
7. CHANGE - GLOW OF LOVE (LEROC SPORTIF EDIT)


If you don't recognize the tracks/artists, you'll recognize the vocal samples from most them. I'd say it's some NuDisco fun, with a little French-House bounce here and there. Something you pump on a daytime drive to nowhere, windows all the way down, and your sunglasses in effect to block the haters more so than the sun B-) 

Enjoy!






Also, for our D.C. area readers..be sure check out the Events page. We're updating it constantly so you know where to get your dance party fixes.

No comments:

Post a Comment