Thursday, December 15, 2011

The Twelves Live Set and A Weekend Preview

Wow... I just got through a live set from The Twelves that was performed at Lolita in Barcelona Spain on 11/11/11 and it is incredible. It was honestly one of the best live sets I have listened to in quite some time. Then again, it is The Twelves, so I guess I shouldn't really be surprised. These two Brazilian dudes are on another level. This is a great set to listen to help you get through a work day or to get pumped before going out for a night of partying. It has smooth track to track transitions, great layering, and varying tempos that are sure to make you dance. It features tracks from Metronomy, Azari & III, Cut Copy, Stevie Nicks, and many many more.

Twelves @ Lolita 11 / 11 / 11 by RazzmatazzClubs

Weekend Preview:

Tonight, Seth Troxler will be spinning at U-Street Music Hall in DC. Seth Troxler was one of the founding members of the Visionquest record label and was recently voted #2 on Resident Advisor's readers poll of the Top 100 DJs of 2011. He is originally from the Detroit, Michigan area and Detroit House is a prevalent part of his music. This guy has played sets all over the world and held down residencies at some of the biggest clubs in Europe. Here is a live set he performed this year at Creamfields in Buenos Aires:

Seth Troxler Live @ Creamfields, Buenos Aires (Bamboocha Radio) - 2011 by R_co

Tomorrow night, also at U-Street Music Hall, Benoit and Sergio will be on the decks. This DJ duo grew up in different continents, but joined forces after meeting in Washington, DC in 2008. Friday they return to city where they met to help us burn up the dance floor. I hadn't heard much about these guys until my roomate Nick sent me this mix earlier in the week. Check it out, its really "tight". After hearing it, I combed through their soundcloud page and realized that I recognized a bunch of their tracks. I really like their song "Everybody" (below). This is sure to be a massive dance party and I am really looking forward to it. See you all on the dance floor!

Everybody by benoitandsergio

No comments:

Post a Comment